There are many useful resources and websites on the internet which you can find using Google or other search engines.
However, there is also a lot of incorrect and out-of-date information on the internet, you need to make sure you use reliable sources of information.
DATA.GOV.IE (...making data held by public bodies available and easily accessible online for reuse and redistribution...the potential of data and, in particular, Open Data to help deliver economic, social and democratic benefits... The data.gov.ie portal brings these datasets together in a single searchable website).
• Is the information reliable and error-free?
• Is there an editor or someone who checks the information?
• What are the author’s qualifications for writing on this subject?
• What are the topics included in the work?
• Is the content of the work up-to-date?
• Is the publication date clearly displayed?
• Broken links are one measure of an out-of-date page
• Is the information presented with a minimum of bias?
• To what extent is the information trying to sway the opinion of the audience?