Skip to main content
Online Theses undergraduate
From 2017 the library hopes to have the full text of some undergraduate theses available via the library catalogue. Access will be limited to GMIT staff and students using your GMIT login and password.
Online Theses masters and above
Searching for Theses in the Library
To find a print thesis in GMIT library: the library recommends keying 'and thesis' in the search box after your search term, and selecting 'dissertation' in the content type filter. A search using the classic catalogue works well for this type of content also.
Search + Find
Hard copy Theses
Mayo campus theses are shleved on the ground floor.
Theses are Desk Reserve items; they can be checked out to be viewed in the library only for up to three hours. They cannot be taken from the library.
Non-GMIT theses may be requested through our Inter Library Loans department. Please note their availability will depend on the policies of the holding library and not GMIT.
Open Access Theses
You can locate details of theses submitted in other Universities from the following open access sources:
- BASE, operated by Bielefeld University Library, is one of the world's biggest search engines especially for academic open access web resources.
- DART-Europe is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
- Digital Commons network is one of the biggest repositories in the academic world, bringing together free, full-text scholarly articles from universities and colleges worldwide.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations is a global digital library of theses and dissertations.
- Open Access theses and dissertations aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world.
- Rian is a repository that combines the research and higher theses of 16 individual repositories (including Research@THEA).
There are many other open access resources available, all include theses and dissertations as a content type. See our LibGuide on Open Access for further information.
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses — UK & Ireland
This online database contains comprehensive citations to British and Irish dissertations and theses, going back to 1716, with abstracts available from 1986. The corpus of U.K. and Ireland dissertations and master's theses in this product currently comprises over half a million records, with some additional 15,000 citations added annually.
The United Kingdom and Ireland boast many of the world's leading research universities.
The collection offers:
- The most comprehensive available listing of theses, with abstracts accepted for higher degrees by universities in the United Kingdom and Ireland, since 1716.
- Access to bibliographic coverage of theses produced by British and Irish universities.
- Bibliographic listings for content for 1950-1986.
- Abstracts for content since 1986.
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409
Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 email@example.com