Skip to main content
Booking is essential.
- To book, click on the calendar above.
- Choose the date and time you wish to make the booking for, and fill in all the requested details.
- Be sure to state the specific task with which you are seeking assistance in the session.
- Come along to the session on the date and at the time booked. Remember to bring all relevant materials (as outlined).
The purpose of the GMIT Academic Writing Centre is to enable students to fulfil their potential in the academic writing tasks which are part of their course work.
The Centre offers focused academic writing tuition to students of the Institute at all levels, in all years (including postgraduate), and across all disciplines.
The tuition available takes the form of pre-bookable, thirty minute, one-to-one sessions, directed by individual student need.
To avail of the services of the Academic Writing Centre
- Pre-book a session, up to two days in advance.
- Bring, to the session, a copy of the task as set by your lecturer and any writing guidelines or templates issued by your lecturer or department.
- Bring, to the session, the relevant work-in-progress: this may consist of initial notes or ideas, preliminary research, partial drafts, or near-completed assignments.
- Please note that the Academic Writing Centre offers practical, guided tuition in all aspects of academic writing, and should not be misunderstood as an editing or proofreading service.
The GMIT Academic Writing Centre is located in the Library Training Room (Room 973), on the ground floor of the Dublin Road campus.
Useful Referencing Resources
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409
Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 firstname.lastname@example.org