Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You are expected to understand the ethical and legal issues surrounding your data. The management of sensitive data is a part of good research practice as it ensures you uphold high ethical standards to minimise the risk to participants, researchers and the institute.
Once researchers employ approaches of informed consent, anonymisation and managing access to data, research data (even sensitive data) can be shared ethically and legally.
- Getting ethical approval
- Informed consent
- Publishing/sharing sensitive data
- Protection of personal data
- Complying with data protection legislation (GDPR)
- Freedom of Information (FOI) and Environmental Information (EIR)
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in data and databases
- Data sharing, licensing and re-use
- Legal considerations of cloud service provision
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409 | Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 | email@example.com