Skip to Main Content
Journals are excellent sources of scholarly information. They provide in-depth, up-to-date coverage of a subject. They are written by experts and are typically the place where the latest research is published.
Importantly, journal articles that are published in scholarly academic journals are "peer-reviewed" which means they have been critically reviewed and evaluated by experts in the field before being approved for publication, so you can be confident that you are getting high quality information.
Why Use Journals?
- To find the latest research and up-to-date information on your subject.
- To get a wide range of references for your research assignments
- To read articles recommended by your tutors
How to search for journal articles in ATU Library
Search for your topic or the title of the journal article in Search + Find on the library website.
- Are you looking for a specific journal article? Use the author's surname and the article title. For example, Kramer rethinking trust
- Are you browsing for journal articles on a topic? Use a few keywords. It's a good idea to be as specific as possible. For example, history Ireland famine
- Use Refine Results to filter to Academic Journals and/or Magazines and/or Trade Publications
See a full listing of our online journals
- Click on the eJournal Finder button on the library website.
- Search for the journal and then follow the links to the journal, year, volume, issue to find your article.
Can't find what you're looking for?
The journal article you need isn't available in ATU Library. Use our Document Supply Service. Please note you may be charged €4 for this service. Contact us for more info.
Do you know of a journal that should be available in ATU Library? Recommend a journal to add to the library collection.
| Galway City, Dublin Road 091-742785 | Galway City, Wellpark Road 091-745409 | Mayo 094-9043146 | Connemara 091-742666