Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to search for books or ebooks in GMIT Library
Search for books and ebooks in Search + Find our library discovery service.
When you find the book you want you’ll see its shelf number, this will help you find it on the library shelves. For ebooks, simply click on the link to read it online or download.
- Know what book you're looking for? Use the author's surname and the book title. For example, Cotrell study skills
- Browsing books on a topic? Use a few keywords. It's a good idea to be as specific as possible. For example, history Ireland famine
- Use Refine Results to filter to books or ebooks.
Tourism books... where are they?
Library books are shelved by subject using a numerical shelving system.
- 338.4791 Tourism
- 400 - 499 Languages
- 394.2068 Event Management
- 910 - 919 Geography and Travel
- 658.8 Marketing
- 658.83 Market Research
Can't find what you're looking for?
Book out on loan? Click on Place hold while searching or Contact us to add your name to a waiting list.
Book not available in GMIT Library? Use our Document Supply Service. Please note you may be charged between €4 and €8 for this service. Contact us for more info.
Know of a book that should be available in GMIT Library? Recommend a book to add to the library collection.
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409 | Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 | email@example.com