Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media oversees the protection and presentation of Ireland's heritage and cultural assets.
Fáilte Ireland is the national body supporting the sustainable growth of the the tourist industry in Ireland.
Tourism Ireland is responsible for marketing the island of Ireland overses.
Tourism NI is responsible for the development and marketing of Northern Ireland as a tourist destination.
How do you know if information you find on the Internet is reliable?
Take a minute to ask yourself the following questions.
• Is the information reliable and error-free?
• Is there an editor or someone who checks the information?
• What are the author’s qualifications for writing on this subject?
• What are the topics included in the work?
• Is the content of the work up-to-date?
• Is the publication date clearly labelled?
• Broken links are one measure of an out-of-date page
• Is the information presented with a minimum of bias?
• To what extent is the information trying to sway the opinion of the audience?