Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To submit a request:
- Go to Search + Find, the library’s discovery service;
- Search for the book or journal you need;
- Please note that copyright law only allows students to request one chapter per book or one article per journal issue not exceeding 10% of the work;
- Click on the item that you wish to request to find full details of the item;
- Requests must be placed using this online form. Please complete as much as possible especially the book title and page numbers;
- Library staff will create scanned copies of requested book chapters and journal articles in compliance with copyright legislation;
- You will receive an email with the .pdf attached when it is ready.
- Only one article or chapter per request form submitted.
- Requests for entire books submitted systematically chapter by chapter are a copyright violation and will be cancelled.
- We cannot scan chapters from books that are currently checked out.
- Requests for books or articles that are available in our online collections will not be accepted.
- You can place no more than 3 requests at a time.
In providing this service, we must follow relevant copyright laws.
In submitting a request, you are accepting a copyright declaration as part of the request process.
In summary, scanned items are for personal research use only, and may not be shared, distributed, or posted elsewhere online (including Moodle).
How long does it take?
We will endeavour to have your requested chapter or article scanned and emailed to you within 5 working days (but we're usually quicker!)
In the event that we are unable to scan an article or chapter from the our collections, you may be required to submit a document supply request.
All registered GMIT students and staff (with a current G number) can request scans of book chapters and journal articles from stock held at our campus libraries in Galway and CCAM, Letterfrack and Mayo.
Please note: the book or journal issue MUST be owned by GMIT Libraries and available in print in one of our campus libraries.
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409 | Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 | email@example.com