How do you know if information you find on the Internet is reliable?
Take a minute to ask yourself the following questions.
• Is the information reliable and error-free?
• Is there an editor or someone who checks the information?
• What are the author’s qualifications for writing on this subject?
• What are the topics included in the work?
• Is the content of the work up-to-date?
• Is the publication date clearly labelled?
• Broken links are one measure of an out-of-date page
• Is the information presented with a minimum of bias?
• To what extent is the information trying to sway the opinion of the audience?