On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
1. Gain skills in curriculum development and have a theoretical framework with which to explore/debate curricular issues
2. Apply principles of educational psychology, philosophy of education and sociology of education to the classroom;
3. Demonstrate competence, at theoretical and practical levels, in the area of classroom and behavioural management;
4. Analyse selected educational developments in the international context;
5. Demonstrate awareness of educational provision, trends and issues, including issues of family diversity, gender, social disadvantage and multiculturalism;
6. Present a professional E-portfolio.