This module aims to develop teachers' mentoring skills and strategies and enable them to analyse and explain their academic and pedagogical thinking so that they can share their expertise and support their colleagues' professional development. It incorporates critical reflection on the mentoring process.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
1. Demonstrate competence in reflective self-evaluation and professional/academic awareness.
2. Implement a range of appropriative skills and strategies while acting as a role model, a coach and/or a critical friend within a professional community.
3. Articulate a critical awareness of the general principles and practices of mentoring.
4. Critically apply current theoretical mentoring models and insights to teaching and learning practice.
5. Distinguish between pair mentoring teams and mentor circles both in theory and practice.