This ten credit module, delivered over one semester, offers a level 9 introduction to secondary research skills.The module is open to candidates who have successfully completed a level 8 programme (minimum). Because of the hands-on, interactive mode of delivery, full participation in workshops is a requirement.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
1. Implement skills in scholarly academic writing.
2. Conduct a comprehensive and critical literature review.
3. Design an individualised research plan.
4. Formulate and construct a research proposal.
5. Produce a literature-based, scholarly journal article.
6. Illustrate reflective processes, through the medium of forum contributions.