This module aims to provide participants with a deep understanding of the policies and procedures associated with the process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). It will provide participants with an appreciation of the complexities associated with the management of RPL at a Higher Education Institution. This module, which is practically based and interactive, is aimed at developing mentors and assessors with the knowledge and competencies to enable them to become effective assessors of RPL candidates.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
1. Review international and national best practice in Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for accreditation, access and exemptions.
2. Evaluate institute policy, national legislation and quality assurance measures in relation to the provision of RPL by HE providers.
3. Critically assess prior certified and/or experiential learning applications.
4. Demonstrate use of the CUA RPL e-Portfolio tool.
5. Engage with a range of relevant stakeholders in the promotion of RPL.
6. Critically evaluate the role of RPL in Work Based Learning programmes.