Skip to main content
The Library receives copies of most major theses awarded at GMIT.
- Theses are held in print or online.
- Printed theses are for viewing in the library only and are held in the desk reserve area behind the information desk.
- Online theses can be viewed from any location, some are available on open access others require your GMIT login credentials to access the full text.
- GMIT's copyright terms and conditions apply.
- Please note some researchers have requested that their theses are not made available for consultation immediately or, in some cases, at all.
PQDT Open provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge. You can quickly and easily locate dissertations and theses relevant to your discipline, and view the complete text in PDF format.
Finding a Thesis
Use Search + Find to locate GMIT theses and dissertations held in our libraries either online or in print.
- You can search by title, author or keywords.
- Once you have typed in what you are looking for in Search + Find, use the left hand panel on the results page to select Dissertations/Theses under Source Type to limit the results to dissertations and theses only.
- If the thesis is in print take note of the class number, go to the library desk and request the thesis for consultation purposes using the unique class number.
- If the thesis is online click on the 'Full Text' or 'Online Access' button to view the thesis online. If you are viewing an undergraduate thesis you will be prompted to enter your GMIT email address and network password.
Theses from other Colleges & Universities
You can locate details of theses submitted in other Universities from the following open access sources:
- BASE, operated by Bielefeld University Library, is one of the world's biggest search engines especially for academic open access web resources.
- DART-Europe is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
- Digital Commons network is one of the biggest repositories in the academic world, bringing together free, full-text scholarly articles from universities and colleges worldwide.
- EThOS offers free access to the full text of selected UK theses.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations is a global digital library of theses and dissertations.
- Open Access theses and dissertations aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world.
- Rian is a repository that combines the research and higher theses of 16 individual repositories (including Research@THEA).
There are many other open access resources available, all include theses and dissertations as a content type. See our LibGuide on Open Access for further information.
Postgraduate Theses in Research@THEA
Research@THEA is the institutional repository for the Connacht-Ulster Alliance Libraries.
This repository makes research, taught masters and Ph.D theses from GMIT, LYIT and ITSligo available online.
For more information see the Research@THEA guide.
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409
Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 firstname.lastname@example.org