Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Minding your mental health
Pandemics like Covid-19 can be worrying, this can affect your mental health. It has affected all our lives in some ways. Some people might find it more worrying than others. It's important to remember it is OK to feel this way and that everyone reacts differently. Try and remember that in time, it will pass. With our typical social interaction limited for the time being, it’s vital that we look after our mental and emotional wellbeing.
Keeping a realistic outlook of the situation based on facts is important - read up-to-date, factual information on COVID-19 in Ireland.
Wellbeing comes from within
Your pathway to wellbeing will be unique to you, resulting from an awareness of where you are and what you need.
As you progress:
- Listen to your body and mind – Take note of what is going on.
- Take small steps - Explore the results.
- Aim to create a positive environment where you can thrive.
- Embrace support from others - friends, family, or whoever feels helpful to you.
- Be compassionate to yourself as you go and start again when you need to.
- Consider the bigger community and environment, whose wellbeing is entwined with yours.
- Remember that wellbeing is our natural feeling - Believe your sense of what is right for you.
Looking after yourself and others during the coronavirus crisis
Image Source: GMIT Libraries
Wellbeing is for everyone...
Having good mental health helps us relax more, accomplish more, and enjoy our lives more.
We have compiled some useful resources which you can use to keep your mind healthy.
If you need help, are stressed or anxious about your study or exams, you can get in touch with your GMIT student mentor.
Galway 091-742785 | CCAM 091-745409 | Mayo 094-9043146 | Letterfrack 091-742666 | firstname.lastname@example.org