Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Minding your mental health
Your mental health is an important part of how you function. Staying on top of our mental wellbeing is good for us now but also helps us manage difficult times in the future.
Being mindful of your mental health can help: improve your focus, enhance performance, reduce stress and burnout
Wellbeing comes from within
Your pathway to wellbeing will be unique to you, resulting from an awareness of where you are and what you need.
As you progress:
- Listen to your body and mind – Take note of what is going on.
- Take small steps - Explore the results.
- Aim to create a positive environment where you can thrive.
- Embrace support from others - friends, family, or whoever feels helpful to you.
- Be compassionate to yourself as you go and start again when you need to.
- Consider the bigger community and environment, whose wellbeing is entwined with yours.
- Remember that wellbeing is our natural feeling - Believe your sense of what is right for you.
Looking after yourself
Image Source: ATU Libraries
Wellbeing is for everyone...
Having good mental health helps us relax more, accomplish more, and enjoy our lives more.
We have compiled some useful resources which you can use to keep your mind healthy.
If you need help, are stressed or anxious about your study or exams, you can get in touch with your ATU student mentor.
| Galway City, Dublin Road 091-742785 | Galway City, Wellpark Road 091-745409 | Mayo 094-9043146 | Connemara 091-742666